Friday, August 21, 2009

If God Births a Baby...A look at insecurity

When I taught in China, I did a part of my talk on the insecurity of leaders. I know that insecurity greatly hinders many leaders. And I think that the ones who seem most secure or confident in front of you, struggle the most in the private and the quiet of their hearts.

I heard this said and thought it was profound:
If man births a baby, he needs to raise it and send it to college. If God births a baby, he will raise it and send it to college. If I put myself in this seat, I need to defend it. If God put me in this seat, he will defend it.

At its core, I think that insecurity enters our hearts when we think that we can create or establish any security in and of ourselves. Our leadership is possible because of the Lord. Our lives exist because of the Lord. Our bills get paid because of the Lord. We are all that we are because of the Lord.

As soon as we think we did it and it is ours, then we get freaked out about the idea of maintaining it...and that ought to cause insecurity...that ought to freak us out!

All of our security in life, family, leadership, health, etc comes from the Lord!!! He is our rock.

"Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders." -Deuteronomy 33:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noah- Sorry this is not a response but I'm tryin' to reach you to let you know that your emails are bouncing back. In fact, all CCF email accounts. I'm thinking you might get this message on your phone?
-Michelle ):