The Election is Over! Now what?
· So much time, energy, money and attention has been given to the PRE election conversation and election day stuff.
· I am READY FOR THE CHURCH TO BE THE VOICE OF THE POST ELECTION ENVIRONMENT!!
· How do Citizens of the heavenly Kingdom respond at times like this as citizens of an earthly kingdom?
· Obviously, the Lord would not want us to be arrogant winners or bitter losers!
· So, here are a few things that the Bible offers us:
Pray for Barack Obama
· Remember in Prayer- I Tim 2: 1-8
· Notice the 4 types of prayers.
· Then, he singles out Kings and people in authority.
· Don’t pray agenda prayers!!
· Most important prayer is a prayer for WISDOM!!
· Proverbs 8: 12-17
· Prayers for our leaders should be a PRIORITY and should be done in PURITY!
Honor Barack Obama
· First of all….we can honor our new president by understanding that….Biblical principles of how we treat people apply to how we treat the President too!
· Layers of separation…I can say what I want about someone I will never see….what is he gonna do….confront me?
· Here is what the Bible says….let this speak…
· Ephesians 4:17-29
· Another way that you can honor Barack Obama is by Remembering his Humanity.
Support Barack Obama
· I wanted to use the word submit, but that is an unpopular word in America.
· Romans 13:1-7 speaks for itself. Who can add to that?
· Also, keep in mind….kids are taking notes of how to treat leaders. (Principals, Teachers, Parents, Pastors, President)
Unite with Barack Obama:
· Galatians 3:28 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
· They set their differences aside for the sake of uniting in a common cause!
· But, they have changed their behavior to support leadership!
Top Ten predictions for the next 4 years regardless of who you voted for…
1. The Bible will still have all the answers
2. Prayer will still work
3. The Holy Spirit will still move
4. God will still inhabit the praises of his people
5. There will still be anointed preaching
6. We will still praise God
7. God will still pour out blessings on his people
8. There will still be room at the cross
9. Jesus will still love you
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to him
And God approves this message.
Isn’t it great to know who is really in control?