Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Blame Game

I am sure that you have heard of "The Blame Game" before. Well, in reading through Genesis again this week, some things hit me afresh:
  • After the first recorded sins in the Bible (committed by Adam and Eve), their first reaction was SHAME!
  • Their very next reaction was "The Blame Game!" Which, I suppose is the first biblical sporting event. ;-)
Check it out for yourself:

Adam and Eve just did the one thing that God asked them not to do. And here's the Lord confronting them on it:

“Who told you that you were naked?” the Lord God asked. “Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?” The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.” Then the Lord God asked the woman, “What have you done?” “The serpent deceived me,” she replied. “That’s why I ate it.” -Genesis 3:11-13

They messed up!

Adam blamed Eve.

Eve blamed the serpent.

Blame Game On!!

We all have an inborn tendency to blame someone or something for our poor choices. I think the we please God more and increase our integrity when we admit it, step up and take responsibility when we do wrong.

Just Sayin'!

No comments: