Thursday, July 30, 2009

To China...

I fly to China this afternoon. BWI to Newark. Newark to Hong Kong--direct flight! Continental Airlines on a Boeing 777 in case you cared to know. I count it a high honor to have this opportunity to go.

A little info about the trip:
  • I will be hosted by Glenn Kauffman and his dear family. They just moved to MD last summer after almost 15 years living in Hong Kong. Glenn lives in Laurel and is my Bishop, my friend and a partner at CCF. He has served in and continues to have a heart for Asia. I am honored to be hosted by him on the very turf where he served for so many years!
  • While I will be flying in and out of Hong Kong, we will also be flying to several cities in Mainland China including Xian, Beijing, Shanghai and Shenyang. We will be visiting many workers and servants that are making a difference there!
Why am I going?
  • Because I have a heart for people who have not yet heard!
  • I was honored by the invitation of my Bishop, Glenn Kauffman.
  • Because trips like this where people are making a difference transform the heart like few things do.
  • Because International travel reminds me of how big God is, how creative God is, how small I am, and how little I know.
  • Because my trip to China in 2007 rocked my world and ruined me for normal!
  • I have a personal and growing passion for the nation of China!
  • I hope that one day CCF and our District will participate in what God is doing in China. I feel like I am going as a representative of both as I pray into how we will join in.
  • 1/3 of the humans that have ever lived on this planet live in Asia today!
  • Asia is the most populous and least Christian continent on the globe.
  • Napoleon said "When China is moved, it will change the face of the globe."
  • 27,000 people a day come to faith in Christ in China.
I leave you with these few verses in Acts. I believe it has application to China TODAY!

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." -Acts 17:24-27

No comments: