Saturday, January 17, 2009

Start with Worship

I believe that our true call to worship, is to worship with our lives. How we live, who we are! Romans 12:1-2 says "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship."

I am seeing more and more that what we DO for God and others needs to flow out of a life of worship. This morning, I reread this verse in Matthew 2:11 that struck me in a new way. Matthew 2 is the account of the Magi bringing gifts to Baby Jesus. But, check this out. It says "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

Notice that they worshiped FIRST. Then, they gave. May our first move toward God be WORSHIP! Then, may all we do and give thereafter flow out of that heart of worship.

--Noah

No comments: