Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Not To-Do" List

Yesterday I listened to a local Pastor Friend reflect on his growing "not to-do"list. For one of the first times in my life, I could really relate. In the last few months I have been making some real changes (or at least I think I have) in the direction of taking less on. I guess it really started in January when a little kid moved into our home.

Well, basically I am trying to train myself to say NO to more. This mean saying NO to good stuff, even GREAT stuff at times. I could give you 20 reasons why I should take this on and 25 reasons why I should do that, but I must learn to simplify. I cannot possibly say yes to everything that seems to have redeeming value! Why not? Well, because I would like to think I am an optimist and a I know I am a people pleaser...so I would be saying yes to everything! Everything is worth the time! Not!

I challenge you to say NO to a few things this week that might clear your calendar up a bit!

No comments: