Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A "Normal" Week

In case you are curious...here is a normal week for me:

Monday (People/Meeting Day)- Drop Davis at Grammy & Hatme's (My folks), Have 1 cup of coffee with the parents, head to the church, meet individually with each Staff Member, tie up loose ends form Sunday Services, return emails and calls and do admin or pastoral stuff that has usually piled up over the weekend. Monday evenings are usually church board meetings, family time or other.

Tuesday (People/Meeting Day)- Grab a Starbucks (greeting my friends there as they oooh and aaaah over Davis), Drop Davis at Nana's (Wilma Johnson from Church--like another Grandma to Davis), Head to work, Meet with someone about something or do emailing and admin or pastoral stuff, have staff meeting in the afternoon where we all connect together, other stuff.... Tuesday evenings are usually some church related event, activity, meeting or counseling OR Family time or other.

Wednesday (Flex Day)- After the morning routine and the little man is in safe care, I usually use my Wednesdays for what seems most pressing for the week. It is my flex day and used pretty differently each week. Sometimes, I have to schedule several meetings with members, sometimes its visitations, other times I will start message prep, and sometimes it is Sunday Service planning, leadership development, Administration stuff that I need to do (which is a big part of my role as Lead Pastor). Wednesday night is usually spent at the church at "Halftime", but not so much these days...will blog about that later.

Thursday (Sermon Day)- Guarded quite tightly, you will find me in some local establishment that has WiFi and I will be completing my message for Sunday Service, planning the details of the Sunday Service or doing future message planning. I LOVE to do this at Panera or Coffee Houses out in the community. It reminds me of the mission...reaching the lost. I do not work well in quite. The buzz of people around me inspire me! I love Thursdays!

Friday & Saturday- My weekend! To the best of my ability and with the help of my sweetie , I try to keep these 2 days clear of engagements and try to relax, spend time with family and friends, take care of the house, shop, errands, and other fun stuff.

Sundays- Be at the church 5 or 6 am- 1pm and pour out all the energy and passion I can to see our Ministry make impact! Come home exhausted (hence avoiding other engagements if possible) and rest for the start of another week.

Maybe you found the above boring, but if you are gonna read this blog, you may find it helpful to know what I am doing most weeks. This weekly plan comes after trying different things that failed over the last 3-4 years. This seems to be working but remains under review:-)!

Love!

No comments: