Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sold My Car Tonight. A Tribute to Satin.

Kinda sad tonight. I sold my baby at 8:00 this evening to a friend I've known since High School (who is also a contributor to us in missions). So glad about how this worked out. Those that know me well, know that taking care of my car is somewhat of a hobby for me. Always has been. Love to drive it, clean it, keep it running good, etc. And I really, really loved my 2000 Toyota Avalon (I even named her "Satin" for her smooth, soft ride). Here are a few fun facts about Satin as a goodbye tribute:
  • We bought her 30 days after we got married. She replace Miles, my first love.
  • Took it to 25 US states (many of them many times each...she really liked FL and GA)!
  • She helped me get about _____ speeding tickets. ;-)
  • Bought her in 2002 with 40,000 miles on it.
  • Sold it tonight in 2011 with 192,000 miles on it!
I would love to own another Avalon someday! This car was so good to us. Selling it tonight felt a lot like putting a dog to sleep. LOL. But....it was just a piece of metal. On to more important stuff....like changed lives. It's worth it!

The day we bought the car in 2002:
Satin, about 6 years ago:
Us, tonight, the night we sold the car (blurry, sorry):
Satin, Christmas Day (several weeks ago):

1 comment:

Vannessa Gabbett said...

"She helped me get about _____ speeding tickets." Hah, like how many, really?!

But it's quite understandable. I mean, every single day you wash the car for the day's work, you really tend to get attached to it. Every trip to each of the states driving Satin, it's really more than just owning a car. It's a love story of its own. Now that Satin will be taken good care of by your friend, maybe you'd be welcoming a new car soon.