- I feel like a roast in the oven getting overcooked. I am ready. Take me out. Let me go. It's been 11 months since God called and 3 months since I stopped ministry at CCF. I am ready to love people and minister Jesus in a hands on way! Let's get on with it.
- This is HARD! We are pretty tired and tad afraid. It is possible that we could "move" 3 or more times in the next 6 months. That would not be as dreadful had we not just had a year of that here! We really need prayer for these next 6 months. As of July 1, we will have our own place. Until then, please intercede for grace!
- Davis is getting it more that we thought he would. Today, he and I just had a time to weep together and talk/cry about the things we are sad to leave. It was so healthy. I think it is far better to process openly and honestly with him and to let him grieve with us than to rob him from the chance to process his losses. God was with us. I felt His presence in and through Davis. It was so neat. He is a spectacular 4 year old very in touch with his feelings.
- I feel like Tricia is being stronger than me. She is amazing. I love her to pieces. Proverbs 18:22 is spot on....I have found a GOOD thing....even favor with the Lord.
- We hope to have Internet and update as often as we can. It will be less available and more expensive than here, but we are planning to do what we can! You know me. ;-)
- Even with the tougher realities, we are finding indescribable peace and calm in the assurance and affirmation of the Lord that comes through obedience. He does not promise that obedience will feel easy, but I am here to proclaim that it feels RIGHT! We are simply doing what Jesus asked....and that should not be such a big deal. He died for us and all He asks is that we live for him.
I am holding ever so tightly to the words of Matthew 10: 37-39 right now... “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it."
Counting on God,
Counting on God,