A friend of mine, TJ Reid, blogged today about what he is NOT thankful for. I thought it was a neat perspective.
Here are a few things that I am NOT so thankful for today:
- Senseless violence in our cities.
- People that are going hungry while others overfill.
- People who have kids, abuse and neglect them and today they are lost and unwanted.
- The many people still in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- That people I love continually choose flesh over spirit.
- Brokenness, sin and the evil attacks of the enemy on people's lives.
And here are some things that I AM thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- Jesus, my Savior, my King, my Friend. I would be totally and utterly lost without Him as the leader of my life!
- Tricia Kaye! He that finds a wife (like this) finds a really, really, really, really good thing.
- Davis Kaye! This young man is filling our heart and home with joy like we could have never imagined.
- All our family. Blessed beyond measure.
- Capital Christian Fellowship!! What a fantastic community to live with and serve the Lord with. Awesome church!!
- The increase in spiritual intimacy with the Father in 2009. Greater closeness to the heart of God than I have ever felt before in 3 decades of life!
The Lord is an amazing God! Won't you take time to thank him today?