Here are some of the things that I am learning about intense seasons that I wanted to share with you mid-sentence:
- They often sneak up on us. We usually quickly find ourselves carrying a heavy load and wonder how much more we can handle.
- And since intense seasons sneak up on us, they can rarely be prepared for.
- So, you take into these tough weeks, that which you have gleaned from the previous lighter weeks.
- WHICH is why it is so important that we are seeking the Lord at all times and spending time in his word and in his presence. In doing so, you are carrying with you an anointing and a strength that without it, you may snap.
- During an intense season, you need to put off everything that can be put off. Do not create false deadlines for yourself that only add to the pressure you are already under.
- Finally, create a "light at the end of the tunnel" for yourself. DECIDE that you are taking 2 days off the next week. Or go on an overnight trip. Or separating from your pressure points for at least 48 hours. Form a goal or a break to look forward to. Personally, I need that right now and am planning to take off the first 3 days of next week leading up to Thanksgiving. Next week, I'm about to get missing! I need the break.