Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here Comes The Dreamer

In Genesis 37:5-7, Joseph tells his brothers about a dream he had. He basically said -- "I dreamed that you all are going to bow down and worship me!" Now, I am not sure whether you have any siblings, but if I told mine that, they would probably laugh me out of the room and conclude that I couldn't possibly any be more arrogant. It really took nerve for Joseph to even tell his brothers about his dream.

Then...later in the chapter (37:19), Joseph's brothers see him approaching in the distance and they say these key words:

"Here comes that dreamer!"

When I read this recently, something came alive in me. I want to be a dreamer! I want to envision God's future for myself and the people around me. I want to be a visionary. I want to be in tune with the Lord, hear from him and then have the courage to tell people what I heard.

Not sure that I want to be thrown in a pit. Or sold into slavery. Or be sent to jail. But, I do want to be a dreamer for God.

I know that the brothers did not intend it as a compliment, but what a compliment...

Here comes that dreamer!

No comments: