Thursday, August 27, 2009

Flaming Swords

I do not want to sin. I'm sure you don't either. But, we do! The reality is that we are sinners. All of us. But, the closer we get to the Lord, the more we become like Him.

I read something in Genesis this summer that hit me in a way it never had before. After Adam and Eve sinned by eating from the tree that they were commanded not to, God banished them from the garden. Then, in 3:24 it says this:

"God stationed mighty angelic beings to the east of Eden and a flaming sword flashed back and forth guarding the way to the tree of life."

So, here is my prayer for you and I today:

May God protect us from sin!
May he appoint mighty angelic beings to us today.
May he place flaming swords along the paths that we are not to walk.
May he place stop signs and yield signs along the way for us so that we please him and obey him.

2 comments:

Ben Rainey said...

I'm sure you're aware, but just to be on the safe side, I thought you should know your blog is having problems.

--Ben

Noah said...

Yup. Fixed. Thanks!