Monday, June 22, 2009

These Mountains...

Since arriving in Colorado on Friday, I have struggled to find adjectives for what I am seeing. These views and these mountains are absolutely.....ummm....I had to look up words that seemed to get close to describing them:
  • Magnificent
  • Grand
  • Resplendent
  • Glorious
  • Statuesque
  • Majestic
I am in awe of God. I keep pulling over, pulling out the camera and and looking like a silly tourist. We intentionally selected Colorado for our Sabbatical for these glorious views. They have delivered.

Here are a few pictures with verses that I have been quoting every morning as I sit at "my spot" and stare upward to the mountains and the Lord (with a jacket on as it it 45-55 in the mornings).

__________________

Psalm 65:6 “You formed the mountains by your power and
armed yourself with mighty strength.”

(Pike's Peak)

Isaiah 55:12 “You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!”

Psalm 95:3-4 “For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.”

Psalm 121:1-2 "I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."

Finally, if you look closely in this picture you can see Pike's Peak peeking above some other mountains. Pike's peak is the 2nd highest mountain is Colorado and we are climbing it today...
In our van!!!
Fooled you, huh?
This should be a great day.

No comments: