Friday, February 20, 2009

Divine Hope

Off to visit a friend today. 3.5 hours up, a 3 hour visit and 3.5 hours back. Although this friend is in jail, he is special to me, we have story together, and I believe in him! That's why I make this trek. I try to go every 3-4 months. Cannot believe that it has been over 5 months since my last visit.

I wrote more about this in a previous post. You can read it here.

If I could share one core value with you this morning before I leave....

Keep believing in people and holding hope for people. God is not a God that gives up on you and me. He will be cheering when everyone else is jeering! Let's represent that quality of God's character in our relationships.

Who have you stopped believing in? How about asking God to restore to you divine hope?

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." Galatians 3:20 (The Message)

1 comment:

Mommyof3gifts said...

Thought of Him today... went to chinese and they had a huge bucket of those covered peanuts! Told Jake they still to this day make me think of him whenever I see them...we should mail a bag to him! anyhow, hope your trip went well and your visit was nice.
Michelle