Friday, January 30, 2009

MAC or PC?

This is the ongoing question and discussion. MAC or PC? I think the truth is that many people really do not know the differences between the two. Well, I have been considering making the switch for quite some time. The more I worked mobile, the more I was realizing that I need a system that will allow me to work most efficiently and productively for the church wherever I am at. After lots of research, the guidance of our CCF IT Director Perry Lynch, and 5-10 trips to the Apple store, I made the plunge this week. I could not be happier with my MacBook!!

Things that I love so far:
  • The compact size and weight. I got the 13.3 inch 2.4 Ghz aluminum model.
  • When you shut the lid, it goes to sleep.
  • When you open the lid, it wakes up! Period. You are fully operational and usable in 5 seconds. Period.
  • Finds and links up to the Internet really fast and really easy. Been able to work from most places I have been this week.
  • It is obvious to me that the designer of this machine WANTED me to know how to use it easy. Because I do. Already.
  • The power cord connects to the machine magnetically. That way, if you trip over the cord or your 2 year old son named Davis pulls on the cord, the laptop stays put and the cord comes right off.
  • I could keep going, but let me stop.
Well, this evening, I ran across this blog post and the comments (already over 60 of them) were fascinating to read. Nothing like seeing my decision affirmed and reaffirmed as I read these comments comparing Mac to PC. If you are interested, click here!

No comments: