Tuesday, January 6, 2009

List Person

I have been a serious list person for better than 10 years. This may sound crazy, but I often feel that my integrity is wrapped up in my lists. If my word means something, then I need to keep it. If I am going to keep it, then I need to remember it. If I am going to remember it, I better write it down. It started back in college when the load of responsibility seemed to be more than I could juggle. I knew that I would forget what I had to do or forget what I said I would do.

So, over the last 10 years I have stayed organized and on task with the same system. It worked in college, it worked when I was a College Residence Director, it works as a Pastor, a student, and even as a Husband and Dad! After 10 years of developing this system of organization, I thought I would write about it some. It is not from Franklin Covey or any other organizational guru. It is my own weird system by which I organize my world. It involves the relationship between my calendar and task list.

You may find it interesting and helpful. You may not. Regardless, over the next few days, I will post about it.

Are you a list person? How do you keep organized?

Luke 16:10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

2 comments:

Ben Rainey said...

Can't wait to read this series. I know you to be an efficient & effective leader. I'm sure you have something helpful to share.

Noah said...

Thanks Ben! This is one area that I am passionate about and that I hope I will be able to offer something useful. Noah