Well, just a few moments ago in some alone time of prayer, I feel like the Lord renewed that excitement...but in a fresh way. I felt kind of overwhelmed. Crying a bit even as I write this. I realized that I have even MORE reasons to be excited now than I did when I was a kid. I am excited today because:
- I am a Father and I will get to give my son things he will enjoy tomorrow.
- I will get to see my child smile tomorrow.
- I get to wake up tomorrow morning and say good morning to one of the greatest gifts that I have ever received outside of salvation...my dear wife, Tricia.
- I will wake up in the morning in a warm home way nicer and way bigger than I deserve.
- Tomorrow, I get the joy of knowing that all of my siblings are spreading the love, traditions, and memories that we learned when we were young to their kids. What a multiplication of love that was invested in us as kids!
- I get the privilege of spending Christmas with my parents tomorrow. I don't take that for granted. And now that I am a Dad, I can at least start to imagine the joy that they must find in seeing and enjoying their kids and their kid's kids.
- But above all of that, I am most excited when I think of all that Jesus means to me today in comparison to when I was a little boy waiting at the top of the steps. I have loved Him longer. I have seen more of His faithfulness. I have heard His call. I have watched Him work in His church. I have known his provision. And tomorrow, I get to wake up and celebrate the birthday of Friend like I have never had or will never have!