Leaders defines for another:
- Responsibility for a specific area during a specific time period
- Accountability to report about how the assignment is progressing and/or was completed.
- Time and way in which assignment is completed.
- Leader delegates authority and responsibility to (A), releasing (A) to act according to these various styles of decision making.
- Leader receives reporting from (A); encourages and resources.
- Delegated responsibility concludes as determined; final report given.
Reasons to use this style:
- To train someone else to be skilled/responsible in a given area.
- To release someone skilled to be responsible for a given area or task.
- To free the time of the person delegating for other tasks
- Person delegating is not able and/or willing to decide and/or carry out the associated tasks.