Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, no you don't!!

Just two weeks ago in my message I shared that one of the ways that we can be the answer to Jesus's prayer in John 17 is to recognize that we have "one enemy." That enemy is the devil, Satan, the father of lies, the prince of darkness....he is a thief, liar and destroyer....his main target is the local church, which I believe is the tool of hope for the world.

That said, I want to acknowledge something VERY SERIOUS that we need to pay attention to...
  • Last week there were salvations and renewed connections to the Lord made in our service. The Holy Spirit was at work.
  • This coming Sunday is going to be thick! I am telling you with every fiber of my being that the Lord has big plans for us this weekend! I am praying that lives are transformed in our midst.
  • We are just finishing a series on unity. What better time than now for the devil to get busy.
You know what I say....Oh, no you don't!!! The devil will not have any place in Jesus's Church! Awe, heck no!

Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

No comments: