Friday, June 27, 2008

Edna Custis

My Friend and former Colleague, TC is a great guy. His Dad Dwight still comes to CCF regularly. His Dad is actually in our Small Group and we were with him just last night. While we were in Small Group, Dwight shared about his mother (Edna Custis) and his need to move her to a different care facility. Within the context of that conversation, I affirmed Dwight for the marvelous job that he does caring for his Mom and told him that I have been wanting to go see her. I got the info to where she is and scheduled to go see here just last night.

In the middle of the night, I got a call that Edna went home to be with the Lord. She went into Cardiac Arrest in the middle of the night. Edna was already suffering from Dementia. Please pray for Dwight, Saundra, Ebony, TC and all of the Custis family during their time of loss. Edna was a woman of great faith. I will never forget the time that I had her in Discovery 101...she could pray the house down!!

--Noah

2 comments:

Noah said...

Great to have the Custis family in church this morning! Even Nia, Taylor and Christine.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Pastor, trying to catch up on your blog and read this.
I sure will pray for the family especially Dwight, he must have been very close to his mum.
Uche