Sunday, November 25, 2007

The ups and the downs

I really hesitate as to whether to write this or not. I take some risk in doing it, but it is worth taking a risk for gaining your prayer support. I am human and this my blog...a place to share my heart. The top of your screen says "on my heart today", right? Well, let me tell you what is on my heart.

I feel discouraged today. I cannot go into detail, but lots of things are going on at the church, much of which is confidential (in addition we have an important Executive Board Meeting tomorrow night, a Business Meeting next Sunday and a LOT to do to be ready for them). There are those times in ministry that you feel like everything is great and other times when it is not so easy or so fun. Some of the things you have to know and stuff you have to deal with can be pretty tough and draining. I am guessing that I am not the only Pastor in the world that wishes they could evade a Sunday morning a couple times throughout their ministry. I will take the downs and thank God for the many ups.

5 comments:

Ben Rainey said...

Hang in there, bro.

Anonymous said...

Will be keep you in prayer. God is with you always.

Noah said...

Thanks for your lovin!!

Anonymous said...

It's never exciting to hear of someone in distress, dealing with frustration, or experiencing pain. On the other hand, this is one of the multitude of reasons that I love you so much. You're human and you're real. You don't fake it. Some days are definitely better than others. Anyone can be happy when times are good and challenges are few. You learn more about the character of a man, when things aren't going so well, he doesn't feel like it, or there are obstacles in his path.

Bless you brother for being a wonderful leader and example.

Anonymous said...

Pastor let this verse be in your mind as you go through this "I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the Lord my God is upon me" Ezra 7: 28.
HE knows every pain and discouragement we go through each day, that is why He gave us his grace so we will not slip away.Like Ben said "Hang in there"
Uche