Monday, October 8, 2007

People First, Paper Later

With so many things to do, I had to slow down for a moment and remind myself of the not-to-do list in my life. One of the things on my not-to-do list is that I will never get to all of it. I will regularly be given the wonderful opportunity to say no to good things...even important things...when they do not take priority. So, what does take priority? Today, it was people!

After dropping Davis off, I swiftly headed to visit a member in the hospital who is not doing well. Brought love and hope to them and left with them a plan for our community to care for them for the next few days. A quick stop in the office and out again for a meeting with a member near their workplace. After 80 miles on the road today, I was back to the office for 2 more meetings. A few urgent items and the sharing of these thoughts and I am headed out the door to be home with my babies tonight! I will leave all the many tasks that I did not get to behind as I leave and they will be sitting here waiting for me in the morning (after I go get my tooth fixed which broke yesterday...what fun).

Lots on my heart today, maybe I will catch up later. Good Stuff.

No comments: