Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just a few thoughts

This morning was another special time at CCF. To see people responsive and receptive to the Word of God is always a big blessing to me. I prayed with and observed people that were genuinely engaged with God today. Praise the Lord.

The church went the extra mile to express appreciation to our Pastoral Staff today for Pastor Appreciation Sunday. Tricia and I were really blessed this afternoon when we read the gracious words written in cards and received the gifts that folks extended to us in appreciation. It made us feel special. We do not take our great congregation for granted! Dear people, dear saints!

This afternoon has been spent (and this evening as well) finishing my Masters reading and Papers for class. I will leave at 4:00am tomorrow for Pennsylvania where I will be in a class for the whole week. The class is entitled "Special Studies in Pastoral Counseling." I expect to learn many fresh tools for effective counseling. The course books were great and I am looking forward to a great week!

Anyway, I am sure I will learn a lot this week and I will want to blog some of it out. Will write soon.

No comments: