Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Disconnecting

Some nights are harder than others. Sometimes, I am able to leave the office and disconnect pretty well and BE HOME (in more ways than just physically). Tonight, I am not doing so well with that. This was one of those days that I just felt like I needed to stay at my desk for another 5 hours just to put a dent in the list of things that I need to get to. Oh, well. I walked out at 5:00pm. I am home, but my head is stuck at work. I guess this is my moment of confession. Tricia is in the bath, so I snuck to the computer to polish up my message for tomorrow (preaching at Lanham Christian School in the morning) and blog these thoughts.

So, here is my prayer tonight: Lord, help me realize that I will never get it all done and that anything of worth that is accomplished through me is really done by you anyway since you created me. Continue to teach me to be present wherever I am. Teach me to love my family the way that you love your church! Father, give me the wisdom to know what to tackle and the strength to do it in a way that shows you off!

No comments: