Thursday, September 27, 2007

With the Audience

Well, today is Thursday so I am at my "off-site office". I love being out here in the community. I work better here at the coffee house or equivalent, than I do at home or in my office at the church. I love being around the people. The white noise helps me work better than silence. Today I am working on lots of different things including future messages. I am not preaching this Sunday.

You know, the thing that I love the most about working in the community is that I am preparing my messages amidst my audience. Each Sunday, any of these people could be in the audience. Every week, we have from 5-25 visitors. You never know where they are in their faith journey. I love to be among them, their hustle and their bustle while preparing a message for THEM. Every week, I meet some great people. I love it. Remember, the church is better at being the church when they are not at church. What does that mean for you?

No comments: