Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If it weren't for Jesus!

Jesus
I can say with confidence that I love Jesus Christ more today than I ever have in my life! I love his heart.  I love his dreams.  I love his character.  I love his compassion.  I love his grace.  I love his mercy. I love his presence. I love his mission.

 

Many time in my life, I have heard people say Jesus saved them out of a life of destruction and sin. I can't really say that Jesus saved me OUT of that, but I can say that he saved me FROM it!

 

I have been trying to get to know me.  And the more I get to know me, the more I realize who I am and what I would be capable of if it were not for Jesus.

 

  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would be materialistic and greedy owning every new thing I could get my hands on showing no self control in getting it.
  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would be run over top of a lot of people to get ahead.
  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would be deeply insensitive to the needs and feelings of others.
  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would be sexually promiscuous with plenty of women, not the lover of one. 
  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would have never scored the godly GEM of a bride that I did.
  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would be addicted to alot more than just coffee, Apple products and reading. I would abuse tobacco, drugs and maybe alcohol. 
  • If it weren't for Jesus, my aspirations would be centered on money, pride and position...all things that pass away. I would have wasted my life on a bunch of meaningless junk.
  • If it weren't for Jesus, I would be leading a whole lot of people! But, as my Mom always told me, "Thank God that you are taking people to heaven with you.  If not, you sure would be taking a lot of people to hell with you!" I think if it weren't for Jesus, I would be leading and influencing alot of people down the wrond road!

 

But, because of Jesus....it is an entirley different story.  And today, I just have to tell you how thankful I am that he has saved me and how very much I love him!

_______________

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. -Psalm 40:2

No comments: