Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stop asking God to do your job!

Here is something that the Lord has been showing me over and over again in different ways...and I feel I am to share it with you.  
Stop asking/expecting God to do your job!

We do it all the time.  

We say: God, would you help Sally with blah, blah, blah?  
God says: YOU help Sally with blah, blah, blah. I did not place you in her life to pass that job off to me.
(Mark 10:45- "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.")


We say: God, would you reach out and touch our town?
God says: No, I sent YOU!  Hello?! YOU reach out and touch your town. It is one of the most urgent things I asked YOU to do.  
(Matthew 28:19- "And therefore, GO....")


We say: God, would you heal Bill?
God says: YOU heal Bill. I left YOU the power and tools to do it...so, do it!  
(Luke 9:1- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.”)


We say: God, will you speak a word to Mary?
God says: No, YOU are me.  YOU speak a word to Mary.


We say: God, would you provide for the need that my Mom has?
God says: How rude.  That is your Mom for crying out loud.  YOU provide for the need.  She gave you life.
(Acts 2: 45- "They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.")

Look...the same sprit that dwells in Jesus dwells in you (Romans 8:11).  Believing this or not makes all the difference in how we live out our faith.  Remember, God is not "up there" he is right here!  And He wants to us you for Greater things (John 14:12).

Note: I DO know and believe that it is ultimately God doing things through us, but I think we need a good dose of understanding how he wants to use us.  We ARE Him!

 

No comments: