Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mind Your Business

I have lost track of how many times I have heard someone say something to this nature:


"Mind your business!" or "Why are they all up in my business?" or "They jsut need to worry about themselves."


You have probably said something like this yourself a time or two. And while there are times that people certainly could afford to pay more attention to their lives, there is also another Christian reality that is tough to swallow. It is this:


If we are in Christ, your business IS my business. And my business IS your business. You are my brother or sister and I am your brother.
Romans 12:5 tells us that "We belong to each other."

I Corinthians 12:25 encourages us to "have equal concern for each other."

Ephesians 5:21 tells us to "submit to one another."

There are close to 50 "one anothers" in the New Testament. It is obvious to me that we ARE to be minding each others business!


Think about it...you may not like it, but you may want to take a moment to ask the Lord what he thinks about the matter. Is your business really just your business?

No comments: