Monday, February 21, 2011

From Eternity to Here

Over the last week, I read the book "From Eternity to Here" by Frank Viola. Let me start by saying that I think this is by far the best book Viola has penned (yet). If you have only read Pagan Christianity or Re-imagining Church, you are missing a LOT of his heart. In this brilliant book he beautifully and biblically describes:
1. The Bride of Christ. (my favorite part by far)
2. The House of God.
3. The Body of Christ & the Family of God.
The first section about the Bride of Christ had me breaking down in tears and overwhelmed by the Spirit of God as I thought about how much Jesus is in love with me. I wish for you that you could read this one day. I do not think that I will ever think of the "bride of Christ" the same again. And I see the love that Jesus has for me in a far brighter light than I had before. In addition to part one of the book (which I will blog more of later), I thought the Afterword was extremely powerful. In fact, here is the link to it verbatim: http://frankviola.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/deep-ecclesiology/. Take the time to read it. You will be so glad you did.
High impact read for me. My heart seems to be more tied up with Jesus than before. His love for me is no fairy tale. It is the real deal!

No comments: