Monday, April 5, 2010

Finish the class...

School is on the home stretch when it starts to get warm like this. Today I was reminded of a recent conversation with one of my mentors. He was counseling me on a particularly tough situation I was dealing with. I was entertaining thoughts of letting up or even giving up on the challenge. I will never forget what he said to me...

Noah, finish the class!! Would you want to get this far into the semester and then drop out only to start all over again? You are almost to finals week. Hang in there. Don't take this class all over again.

Deep. Here is the deal: you WILL take the class. There are lessons that the Lord wants you to learn in life that you cannot skip out on. You will either do it now or do it later. It's up to you.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1: 2-4

No comments: