Monday, January 4, 2010

Leave what I know. Go where I don't know.

Here we are. 4th day of the new year. How's it going? Did you eat right today? Did you work out? Did you read your Bible? I am not sure what your New Year's resolutions are (if you even have any), but I tend to doubt that many of you selected this as one:

Leave everything I know and walk away from comfort, security and family.

...Certainly NOT a popular plan.

But, that is precisely what Abraham had to do to respond to God's call.

"The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you." Genesis 12:1

Abram is not alone. For many, the FIRST STEP in going after God's plan and desire for you is to walk away from the familiar, to leave what is comfortable, to deny self and to go GOD'S way! There are 2 powerful components here:
  1. Leave what I know
  2. Go where I don't know
I long to follow God with this type of faith and I long to see more of my brothers and sisters doing the same. Some of us need some change this year...it will require ears to hear God and courage to obey what you heard. And yes, it may require leaving you comfortable city and family.

--Noah

1 comment:

Pastor TC said...

I've done that before. I shakes your world up top to bottom and leaves you with nothing but GOD to lean on.