Thursday, December 17, 2009

Your desk is your pulpit

If I've said it once, I've said it hundreds of times...you are a minister! Everyone in a church on a Sunday morning is a minister! The Pastors/leaders are equippers.

If it were up to a Pastor to grow a church, the church would be tiny! I only have 8 neighbors. And the people I work with already attend my church. YOU are a "sent one" to your company, your school, your street, your family. God is calling YOU to reach the lost and hurting people in your sphere of influence.

While in a meeting this morning with a Pastor Friend, he said this:

Your desk is your pulpit!

From it you are a voice of truth to the people around you. Or maybe your "work truck" is your pulpit. Your dinner table is your pulpit. Speak truth. Tell people about the God who loves you and found you.

I believe, that if ONE HALF of the people at Capital Christian Fellowship (and your church too) were so excited for Sunday that they can hardly wait to get here, they would be bringing people with them and the church would grow. We all need a good dose of role definition and big glass of ownership increaser when we think about the church.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." I Peter 3:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff...well spoken.

Uche