Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lame Excuses for Missing Church

It's my blog, so I can say what I want, right? I am growing tired of the lame excuses that people have for missing church.

I think that people miss church way too often and way too easy!!

I think that there is limitless value in being faithful to the community of faith that you are a part of. It builds unity, keeps you connected, allows you to serve consistently and it keeps your spiritual heart beating with the heart of your church.

I hear so many reasons for people not being at church. Most of them are just lame. Period! And then they wonder why they don't feel connected or feel far from God?!?! We have many twice-a-monthers at CCF and I am fully aware that we are not the only church with this.

So here's my feeling. I have been saying this for years now. In my opinion, there are 2 good reasons to miss church. (They both involve your body):
  1. Your Body is sick. (or your young kid)
  2. Your Body is out of town.
Now, there may be a few other rare ones, but my point is still the same...if God called you to be at your church, then be at your church!

If this is a word for you, then receive it. If this is a word for someone else you know (at our church or another one), then considering having the courage to send this to them.

--Noah

No comments: