I am still pondering what yesterday meant to me. The staff marveled at it again this morning. We shared wins and stories of how well it went.
For those that do not know, we had some water damage and a terrible smell that forced us to need to change the location of our worship service.
We decided at 8:15am that we would be moving our Worship Service from the Worship Center to the Upper Room. That one decision had probably hundreds of implications. To name a few:
- Hundreds of chairs moved up a level
- Hundreds of chairs set up neatly
- Decorations moved up and placed
- Media files copied
- Cords disconnected downstairs and reconnected upstairs
- Instruments moved up
- Drums set up
- Learn a new sound board
- Mix live sound in a new room
- Move pulpit up
- Signage all over building printed and hung fast
- Extra greeters on post to make all transitions easier
- All usher supplies moved up
- Move EntryPoint to another location at the last minute
- And all the other stuff that I have no idea about that people just DID!
I just want to thank every leader and volunteer for the job well done and I want to affirm the whole body for the display of understanding flexibility! Love this church!!!!!
Yesterday showed me:
- Who we are
- What we are made of
- That our team is a team
- That flexibility is a quality to be celebrated
- And that the size of a room can drastically change the dynamics of an experience. Loved the change in feel yesterday!