Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Night

Well, it's Easter night. We had an amazing day. Church, lunch with friends and then all the family gathered at Mom's for a great time together. I am blessed with quite a family (I said quite, not quiet). How blessed we are! A Mom, Dad and 4 siblings who all love the Lord and live within 10 miles.

This is the first quiet time I have had since church let out. Glad to be resting for a little while before bed. I am actually sitting here listening to worship music and rejoicing in God's grace! My heart is full of joy tonight. I want to share a few of the reasons why.
  • The service this morning was fantastic. Best Easter I can ever remember. Lives were given fresh HOPE!!
  • EntryPoint was off the chain again. That is an every week thing, though, honestly.
  • The worship team led great and looked great, but more important than that, they worshiped! So we worshiped!
  • Somehow the Ushers got (almost) everyone a seat! We were packed in tight this morning.
  • We had 457 people in Worship this morning. Numbers are not the vision, but we believe that they are a product of the vision.
  • With that many people, it is as if i can't tell you 10 people that I actually "saw". That is the challenge of a crowd like that. It looked like a sea of people.
  • Finally, the greatest highlight for me was this: I prayed all week that people would turn to Jesus for the first time or for the first time in a long time in the service today. That prayer was answered!! The altars were full of people putting new and renewed hope in Jesus!! The stories are still flowing in. Thanks Jesus. You said that is you be lifted up, you will draw all men unto you. Thanks for keeping that promise.
  • (I will post a skeleton of my message notes soon.)
"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." Psalm 115:1

No comments: