At CCF, we have recently seen an increase in lost/broken people coming. I love what I am seeing. It reminds me of this guy named Jesus. He seemed to attract similar folks. He is sending to us:
- People in Brokenness.
- Marriages in need of miracles.
- People with addictions. Still trying to beat them.
- Unsaved. Far from God.
- The "never churched"
- People in legal disasters
- People in financial fiascoes
- People who think that sexual promiscuity is a hobby
- And alcohol is like a soft drink
- And marijuana is no different than tobacco
- People ready to give up...
And from these people, we are seeing the Lord begin the work of his spirit and we are seeing...
- People being put back together
- Marriages on the verge of healing and love being reignited
- People going from getting high daily and not caring, to people getting high weekly and feeling heavy conviction and calling to confess
- People putting God first with their money that never have before
- People holding on and pressing on and growing...
Discipleship and Spiritual renewal/growth is a PROCESS that takes TIME and ENERGY and EFFORT and the gradual renewing of the heart and mind that only the Spirit of the Lord can do! Rare are the miraculous and immediate turnarounds. Most take time and good old fashioned patience. That is discipleship!!
We are keeping at it. The Lord is so faithful and I am so glad to work with him...and that he is working in us.
Keep sending them, Lord!