Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love to Travel

The weather over the last few days has given me the itch to travel! I love to travel. Why?
  • Love to see new things.
  • Enjoy meeting new people.
  • (The relaxation isn't too bad!)
  • I am fascinated by transportation--anything that moves
  • Travel broadens my perspectives on what is back at home.
  • It widens my worldview. (especially International travel)
  • Deepens my sense of awe for God! He made all of this?
  • Makes me feel smaller and God look bigger. And I need both!
For the last 10 years, I have kept a running tally of where I've been. Here's the list if you care to know:
  1. 30 US States that I will not list :-)
  2. Puerto Rico
  3. Bahamas
  4. Mexico
  5. Canada
  6. Lots of the Caribbean Islands (St. This, that and the other)
  7. Guyana
  8. Belize
  9. Belgium
  10. Holland
  11. Germany
  12. China
Well, I am entering into a season of travel for the next 6 months. Traveling once a month for the next 4 months (mostly church travel) and then heading into our Sabbatical June and July.

Starting to get really excited about it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to have these experiences. I wish I could!

Noah said...

Yes, I feel exceptionally blessed and thankful to the Lord for all of these opportunities. Your day will come in her own way and in her own time.

hartslove said...

Yes, you've mentioned how much you enjoy traveling and even driving. I on the other hand have apprehension when it comes to travel. I'm still trying to drum up courage to say yes to the event on Feb. 20 because it means I will have to drive to an unknown place.

Question: When you go on Sabbatical, do we have guest pastors?

Noah said...

Alexine,

Great Question! When I am gone, Pastor Nelson and our Staff will hold the fort down. Pastor Nelson will be the primary communicator, but there will be other speakers too. I know that the team will do a great job! I trust them with all of it!

Pastor Noah

Anonymous said...

Pastor, try and make it to Africa(Nigeria) and your list is almost complete,lol!
Uche