Thursday, October 16, 2008

The day that never ends...

This is truly the day that never ends. I was up at 3:30am after a grand total of 4 hours of sleep. Headed to the airport, flew to chilly Chicago, got a car, drove a half hour to Willow Creek, and attended sessions from 12:30pm-8:30pm with the exception of a few short breaks. Nelson and I are now back at the hotel and I am about ready to crash!

It was truly a great day. Here are few reasons:
  • Out of nowhere this afternoon, I got the final revelation that I needed for Sunday's message. Now, I am feeling it!
  • Had a great time with Pastor Nelson. We cut up and have a blast about as much as we dream and plan for our future at CCF.
  • We got a phenomenal idea for a sermon series that we are going to team teach in 2009. Fired up about it. Very relevant and very creative.
  • Great speakers and fresh learning today.
  • Finally, not sure how I fit it in, but I started reading a book called "Axiom" by Bill Hybels on the plane this morning. I am now 75 pages in and really eating up some of his leadership proverbs.
Will throw some tweets up tomorrow through the conference. TTYL.

No comments: