Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Modern Miracle

This is a priceless picture of what time and Jesus can do to people. This is my Uncle Gordon and my Brother-in-law, Randy. This picture may not mean much to some of you, but it is a VERY MEANINGFUL picture to me and my family. My 75 year old Great Uncle who spent his life in the south extended great love (and even apology) to my brother in law. Accepting an interracial marriage was not easy for him, but he has really grown! It has been a blast to watch these two cut up this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to respond through the tears. How great is our God!
MOM

Anonymous said...

WOW! God is good. That picture is priceless. I'm sure many must feel a great sense of relief as well as release! Too bad you couldn't come further south to Orlando and even Miami to see Melyssa and Adam. Since I have converted to a Southerner, I just love sweet tea!!

Anonymous said...

Wee are all one in GOD, there are no skin colors in heaven (none for qualifications to be there) what qualifies us to be with Jesus is accepting HIM.
Nice pic though.
Uche

Noah said...

Mom- I was sure this would especially hit home with you as you have hoped for such a change of heart for many years.

Diane- We miss you all and hope to get to Florida before much longer.

Uche- You are so right and this is what I love about our church at CCF! I wish it was this way all over the world.