Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tragedy...PLEASE PRAY

At 7pm last night, I received a frantic call from our friends in South Carolina, the Zieg's. Jake Zieg and I have been friends for 24 years. Jake and Michelle are 2 of our closest friends in the world. Last night, their son Brayden (born 2 DAYS before Davis) accidentally got out into their back yard, climbed into their above ground pool and drowned. This is one of the saddest situations that you could ever imagine. There are no words!!! We are here in SC (after a late night flight and 300 mile drive), helping, pouring ourselves out, meeting their needs and crying out to God for miraculous strength for them. PLEASE PRAY! Pray for peace that passes all understanding...because none of us have any understanding right now. How could we? The funeral service will be Monday. Pray especially for Jacob and Michelle and their 3 year old son, Nathaniel. Michelle is 2 months pregnant with what would have been their 3rd child. Dear God! Oh, how they need you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know this family, but i am already broken down.We sure will take them before God.
Uche

Anonymous said...

Pastor Noah,

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy. My heart-felt condolences go out to the Zieg family and all of their loved ones. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Anonymous said...

May God indeed give them His strength and peace. We will pray for you all as well as you minister to them and take care of Davis and your own emotions as well.

sumi said...

I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. Someone who reads my blog gave me the link to your site because I too, lost my daughter to a drowning just 16 weeks ago.

If there is anything I have leaned through this it is that prayer avails much - and I will be praying for Brayden's family.

God carried hubby and I through this time (and is still carrying us) and I am confident that he will do the same for your friends. He covered us with his grace to such an amazing extent, I still marvel at it. We truly knew the peace that passes all understanding, in between the moments of great despair.

I have been blogging about all of this, and it may be helpful to your friends to read if they are up to it.

My blog is at www.sumijoti.wordpress.com

Many blessings to you as you minister to your friends!

Anonymous said...

hey noah,

i'm just praying for jake and michelle right now. i'm so sorry. Praying for you and tricia as well, that God would give you the strength and the words for the moment to help them.

TJ Reid

Anonymous said...

If anyone would like to reach out to this wonderful family, the mailing address is
117 St. Audry St
Summerville, SC 29485
Their needs are great!
MOM

Noah said...

Wow! Your remarks and support are inspiring. I will be passing your care on to Jake and Michelle today. God is so good and He is showing up all over the place in the form of his comforter, the Holy Spirit. Yesterday, He was showing us that Brayden went from LOVE to LOVE. He only knew love...not pain...as we adults all know too well.

Noah

Amanda said...

We are friends of the Zieg family here in Summerville. Our prayers are for them right now. Thank you so much for coming quickly to their side and lifting them up in prayer. God bless you as you minister to them in their time of greatest loss.

sumi said...

I just thought about sharing this with you. It is a wonderful series written by Molly Piper, John Piper's daughter in law.

http://thepipers.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/how-to-help-your-grieving-friend/

I am still praying!