Monday, June 2, 2008

A Different Look at Stewardship

I never thought of using the parable of the Good Samaritan (click here to read it) as a message about Stewardship until last week....but, watch this...

(this was my sermon yesterday) There were 3 attitudes displayed in this story:
  1. What's yours is mine and I am going to take it! (The robber/thief stole from and injured the man on the road.)
  2. What's mine in mine and I am going to keep it! (Religious men walked right by unwilling to give up their time, ability or money.)
  3. What's mine is really not mine, and I am going to share it! (Good Samaritan gave his time, ability and money to help.)
Stewardship is about the ATTITUDE behind WHY I give!! It is less about what I give, how much I give, or what I do.

Think about it. Read Luke 10:25-37 today!

--Noah

No comments: