Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Heavy Heart

My heart is very heavy today. I want to be honest. But, then I get afraid of the implications of transparency and vulnerability. Many things are happening that have me feeling discouraged and tired. I share this in hopes that when you read it, you will pray with me. I sure would appreciate it. Oh, how I want to live what I preached Sunday. Oh how I want to be strong and very courageous....but it gets so hard as opposition floods in.

I have a responsibility to lead that is a heavy one. Certainly heavier than I know. I know that I know that I know that God has great and mighty things in store for HIS church at Capital Christian Fellowship. But, I am going to share something with you that is pretty transparent for a blog, but what do I have to lose with honesty? Sometimes I feel like I am at a loss as to how to handle and address negativity, complaining and gossip in the church. It is so pervasive. In so many churches. Oh, how I wish I could tell you that it was not present at CCF, but it is! If you are unaware of this as a problem at CCF, then GLORY TO GOD!! Keep pressing! If you are aware of this as an issue at CCF, hear this....I want so desperately for people in this community to learn to live Matthew 18 and for gossip to become unaccepted and out of place in this church!

Is there anything you can do to help? I am looking for people who are willing to change their own ways, confront others in love when they gossip or at minimum pray that God will root this sin out of His church! I think that too many Pastors are unwilling to admit problems and ask for help in solving them. I am asking you today! Can you help? I have been asking God and will keep asking HIM every day!

Thanks for letting me share. May God help us. His plans are for our good and He has made that so clear. May we not get in the way of it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being willing to adress something that needed to be adressed. Many pastors just let that stuff slide when it needs to be confronted and for that I applaud you.

Noah said...

Thanks. I have received several emails and calls today regarding these posts. I think that it helps when we are honest. Noah

KevinS said...

They say that when you get three people together you end up with politics. Sadly, when one of them leaves you'll probably get gossip too. Life would be so much better if we could just leave our fleshy nature behind us for good.

Gossip is inevitable, but worth fighting against anyway. Every pastor needs to fight it, few do. Keep up the good fight. And if it every stops breaking your heart, worry.

Noah said...

Good word, Kevin. I have missed your commenting.