Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Difficult Decisions

How many of you know that difficult decisions are difficult? I know that is one of the dullest statements that you have heard in a long time, but it is true. We recently made the difficult decision that we would be stopping AWANA at the end of this year (which was tonight). I went and spent the entire evening just milling around, interacting with people and allowing them to affirm this move or vent where needed. It was the right thing to do. Well, it was kinda sad tonight. I started AWANA at CCF 3 years ago. It is a great program and it has made a great difference in kids and families. However it is time to live out our vision and make the tough decisions....do we want to do many things fair or a few things with excellence? I know that this was the right decision, but it was not easy. Especially looking around at the beautiful sights tonight. I am so thankful for all the leaders that made this happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many of us love change. I would venture to say, not many of us. But God knows change is good and I would take a leap and say great. How hard it was to go from that warm wonderful kindergarten teacher to that different- larger class room & challenge of 1st grade teacher < no more finger paintings, what!!> or from elementary school to Jr. High school. Though it was difficult, it was necessary. It was and is a representation of growth and improvement. As my baby moves from high school to college again it is hard, but a necessary improvement. It is growth, it means accomplishment. Thankyou Pastor Noah, Pastoral Team & Executive Board & many AWANA leaders for helping CCF grow from drinking milk < Wednesday Program- AWANA> to eating meat
< Sunday Program-Capi's Kids> & I hope we don't miss that it is all manna and good for the entire body!
owo , UCJ

Anonymous said...

Pastor, i know the decision must have been a tough one but like we all know, resources is very important in ministry. I sure will miss AWANA at CCF. I have already started calling churches near where we will be in Miami to see if they have AWANA, but unfortunately none yet.
AWANA has had a lot of impact on out little girl. I must say again, "I appreciate all the teachers and every one that made AWANA happen this past year".
Uche

Anonymous said...

Hey Noah,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been learning a lot about tough leadership decisions from your blog. It's like a church leadership class on your blog - I love it! Thanks so much for sharing.

TJ Reid