Monday, March 10, 2008

Eye can see

I am thankful tonight for modern surgical procedures that change peoples' quality of life. Today my Mom had a procedure done on her eye...a bad cataract removed and a new lens installed. In two weeks, she will have the other eye done.

Here is the amazing part. We stopped by to see her and she looked great and could see great. Eye surgery, followed by immediate results. She seemed so happy as she read clocks and words that she never could have seen before.

She might as well have started singing [start music] "I can see clearly now the rain is gone..."

--Noah

3 comments:

KevinS said...

My mom just had her second cataract surgery. She's amazed at the clarity of things and the vividness of colors now. There is a nasty side-effect though. Now she can see the dust and stuff so she's been on a cleaning binge as soon as they cleared her. I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

Noah said...

Eye can see how that could happen. Eye guess that is not such a bad thing...especially if I can get her to come to my house for the "binge".

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the update on me. I am truly amazed at the new vision. I saw the doctor yesterday and all is great but told her I am dying to check my email and try to read. She sent me to Kmart for those funky over the counter reading glasses and now I am back in business. One pair for the computer and one for reading. Thanks to all for the many prayers!
MOM