Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Before the Womb

This verse has been haunting me the last few days. It's Jeremiah 1:5. It says "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..."

I have know Psalm 139:13 by heart for years...it says "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."

This morning, the comparison between these two verses blessed me!! I toggled back and forth between them for a few minutes just thanking God.

One says that He formed me in my mom's womb, but the other says that he knew me even before that...and SET ME APART!

What exactly does "set me apart" mean? And what was there about me to "know" before I was formed in the womb? And why me?

Be encouraged today with the truth of the word of God! You are known and formed and knit together by God himself and you are SET APART!

God, make us AWARE and COMMITTED to the purpose for which you have set us apart for today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome word Pastor Noah!