Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fogo de Chao

Last night Tricia and I celebrated Valentines Day (2 days early). First of all, we don't like the long waits at restaurants on the actual day and second, we have Small Group tomorrow night.

Anyway, after several strong recommendations from trusted food critics, we made the (icy) trek into DC last night and had dinner at Fogo de Chao. It is worth checking out their website. It is a Brazilian all-you-can-eat-meat restaurant. It was totally cool! The food was outstanding and so was the experience. It was amazing. You have this little round card on your table (one side green and one side red). If you want more meat and sides, you have the card showing the green side. If you want them to stop coming to you, you face the red side up. If green is showing, they will greet you with lamb chops, fillet mignon, ribs, chicken, steak, pork, etc.

As cool as the restaurant was, Tricia was the highlight of my night! It is impossible to verbalize the feeling I had when I looked up at my wife after reading these words in the card she gave me..."I am honored to be spending my 10th Valentine's Day with you!" I had no idea this was our 10th Valentine's day together. Nothing feels better than looking into the eyes of a person that you have shared the last 10 years loving...a person who knows you better than you know yourself. I guess the only feeling better will be 20 years, 30 years, 40 years, or 50 years.

--Noah

No comments: