Monday, December 17, 2007

Fresh Vision...Next entry coming soon

I want to write. I really want to write! Writing has become quite sacred for me. In many ways, a spiritual discipline. I wanted to write today about our PURPOSE as a church in 2008 and beyond. I want to dream more. I want time to reflect and do some thinking. So, what's stopping me? The demand! The clock! The meetings! The task list! I've got too much on my plate to manage right NOW, that I cannot possible think too much about LATER! One of my friends in ministry privately (but lovingly) dealt with me last week about my earlier post entitled "Pastors Report". He said it screamed one thing...you do too much!

So I ask you...will you pray with me? Will you pray with me that I might continue to say no to more and say yes more often to the things that I really need to be using my energy for. I am getting better. I promise you I am better than I was. But, it is certainly a continuous journey. In 2008, I want to really work at "Only doing what only I can do!" God has called me to Lead this church and Pastor it's people. All this other stuff I do can go to............wherever, whoever!

Anyway, I will be posting more about vision real soon. Keep checking back. I am also looking to solicit some helping spreading the word about my blog. I will explain more later.

This has been a typical crazy busy Monday with loads of meetings and such. Executive Board Meeting tonight. Pray for the Board here at CCF as you think of it. We can always use it!

--Love!

No comments: