Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fresh Vision, Part 1 (Where to from here?)

Last month, we celebrated 3 years in our new building. Our move to Greenbelt Road brought with it a lot of excitement, energy and growth momentum. If you look at where we came from as a church, and then you look around now, it easy to think "we have arrived." It would be natural to think that THIS is enough! We have experienced such a big portion of blessing, that we should just sit back and baste in it.

But, hold on...pump the brakes!!! Here are a few key serves that have guided us as a church over the years and they speak to our future more than they do our past:

Ephesians 3: 20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Habakkuk 1:5 "Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.

Sometimes I get frustrated because I do not know where to start to share my vision for this marvelous church. The favor of God has been so deeply at work in this congregation, that it is almost impossible to communicate it! And when we try, we certainly will leave out or forget many of the things that He has done to communicate His favor. So, while I love to tell the story...I often feel the Lord say, "move ahead because you aint seen nothing yet"! That's vision! Looking into a bright future and dreaming with God about where HE wants to lead us.

In the next few weeks, I am planning to post a lot about vision for CCF for 2008 and beyond. Much of what I post will become my message series for the first few weeks of the new year (so you are getting a sneak peak). I will title the posts about vision "Fresh Vision, Part whatever". There is a lot inside that I need to get out and I look forward to using my blog to do it. Some of these posts in the weeks ahead will be long. Warning.

No comments: