Thursday, October 11, 2007

Headed to PA for the Weekend

This evening Tricia, Davis and I are headed to Pennsylvania. I had a meeting scheduled for tomorrow near Philly, so we made arrangements for Tricia to take off tomorrow so we could all go together. Well, that meeting got canceled just a few days ago. Well, we are still going. After spending 6 years in PA, we made great friends and we rarely get to see them.

Tonight we will stay with the Dan & Shelli Mortensen (my ex-boss and dear friend). Tomorrow we will hang out at our Alma Mater (Valley Forge) and show Davis where Mommy and Daddy fell in love. I am sure he will remember everything we show him. Friday night we will travel west of Harrisburg to spend some time with our friends, Tim and Michelle Czaja. Saturday we will spend time with them before heading to Chambersburg to Tricia's best Friend Tracy and her husband Dave (Tracy is 8 months pregnant and I grew up with Dave at Trinity). We will stay overnight with them on Saturday. Sunday I am preaching 3 renewal messages at Salem Ridge Mennonite Church in Greencastle, PA. I am excited to spend some time with this congregation who is desiring transition and growth. I hope to inspire them and encourage them along. I will share on the theme of Preparing for Transition as a church. I have been asked to speak 3 times, but I have 4 messages in my bag. I will choose which three will fit best once I meet the audience. The messages are:

Preparing for Transition:

Open to Change (the story of CCF)
Open to the Spirit (where Pentecost meets peace, Acts 1 & 2)
Open your Hearts (Intimacy with God, Rev. 3)
Open your Hands (Moses Staff, Exodus 4)

We will be back home late Sunday night. Pray for our safe journey and effective ministry. Maybe I will get to blog a bit over the weekend...we'll see.

Love!

No comments: